Monday, March 19, 2012

Catch-up or Ketchup?

I´m still here :)
Hello World!! Sorry I have been absent for so long!!! The last month and a half flew by because the weeks were filled with exciting adventures...which included a trip to Tikal and Belice with my group, starting the homework center, and having my family visit me in Guatemala!!!!  Just a few days ago I looked at my calender and realized....I only have 4.5 months left in Guatemala. This extended time abroad in a different country that I had dreamed about for years....is on the downhill side. How crazy is that!? I remember the last thing my Dad said to me in the airport when I left my home state in August, ´Live out your dreams girl!´  This comes to my mind every once in awhile and brings a smile to my face because I AM LIVING A DREAM! Although, I must admit our dreams (which I believe are the desires God puts within each of us) are not always exactly what we imagined them to be. This 6.5 months that I have lived in Guatemala have been exciting, fun, challenging, sad, confusing, intriguing, beautiful, angering, frusturating, a blessing...which can all be summed up in the word LIFE ;) jaja. Recently I have felt pulling desires within myself....I do love living in this country with beautiful children and people and speaking spanish but I also love HOME, my family, friends, culture, the beautiful Wyoming landscape, etc. It freaks me out sometimes wondering if God would call for me to stay here in Guatemala because I want to go home at some point. lol. But I am sure whatever happens, GOD knows what is best.


Current Events
SO........my family visited me 2 weeks ago!!! I was looking through fotos yesterday from their trip here and laughed a ton. The fact that my family got to visit me here in Guatemala also fulfilled part of my dream. Every since I first left the country when I was 17 I have wanted my family to be able to experience something like it with me and it finally happened!! I mostly wanted those near and dear to my heart to witness me in one of my prime settings........in the Latinamerican culture speaking spanish! We spent the week laughing, catching up, eating GREAT food, relaxing in the park for hours, meeting my host family as well as puking and various other things  that we decided rounded off their Guatemala experience :) One of the most gratifying things was my family meeting my host family. I must admit....I was nervous about the language barrier situation. How are we all going to hang out and sit through a whole dinner with my host family when most of my family does not speak much spansish? All I could picture were super awkward silences and lots of eating and no talking. HOWEVER, God can always surprise me and bring joy to my heart! My two families meshed quite well and I think I could say we all enjoyed each others company. My host family blessed my heart so much when after they went with me to drop off my family at the airport they said ´It is so awesome that you kids are all older and have all lived apart for awhile now, but you still are so close knit and like being together` Yes, indeed,  I am quite blest :) Love you family!

Well, I am going to sign off for now.....but await a soon to come post on the season of LENT in Guatemala!!

Thanks for all the prayers friends and family! Be safe and go with God and remember how much HE loves YOU!

p.s. if the title of this blog confused any of you, don´t worry. I confused myself with it too. I just thought I was being funny. Learning a language always brings funny word games to mind and I giggled so I shared it with you all. now are you even more confused? o well, don´t worry. :) bahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment